7.03.2007

Goodbyes and New Beginnings

It's time for new beginnings and time to say goodbye. Yesterday, July 2, I turned in my two weeks notice at work. For quite awhile now I knew I would be starting a new job, but was waiting for the company to give me a start date...the call came on Friday and I spent my weekend typing up my resignation letter and a letter to the parents of my leaving. I was definitely scared to be turning in my letter and having to be asked about where I was going. I am going to a competitor and I didn't want to cause friction my last two weeks. The owner at my current job did beg me to stay and I think will continue to do so until I leave...for me though, leaving is the right decision. For too long I have been extremely unhappy and dissatisfied with the management at my job and this was greatly affecting my attitude. I generally enjoy working and don't struggle with getting up in the morning to go to work...but lately my attitude has been shitty. So on Friday, July 13 I say good-bye to my co-workers and the families...a day I am excited about but also brings sadness.
On Monday, July 16 I began a new chapter in my life. I will be working the early shift...at work at 6:30 am, but will actually have time in the evening for things which makes me happy. I will be again working with an old co-worker and friend who I have missed greatly and hopefully will be happy about work again!
For once I think I am ready to embrace CHANGE!

No comments: