11.18.2006

Cars...love/hate

I love driving and I love my car...but only when it runs! In the past year (or a little less) I have been stranded multiple times because my belt or alternator has gone out in my car. I have been stranded on the highway (both 71 and 75), I have been stranded at work, I have been stranded on the road, and in parking lots...but never at home. I have cried over being stranded...but one thing always remains the same--it always work out. This summer and fall have been really bad with the car dying, but I have always had a car. My parents, who took Kalla's Saturn when it she moved to Houston/Plano have lent me the car multiple times this summer (though I had a few issues with that car too!) and when the Saturn wasn't available I used the Echo--thanks Sara for giving up your ride! And my dad has been great--he has changed my belt every time, put in a new alternator, and changed the battery--let's see he has become an expert and can do it no time now. All my dad asked for was a new set of tools for Christmas that would make this job even easier!
So the story goes...I love my car when it is running. When the belt is staying at a 14 on the volt meter and everything is going smooth...I hate my car when it decides to do it's own thing and I get stuck on the road or wherever...but through all this I have learned that family and friends are always there when I need them...so thanks: Dad, Keith, Mom, Scott, Sarah, Keith, Don, Sara, and Zach for always coming to the rescue when I need you!

2 comments:

Kalla said...

What about me????? :( I don't feel important now...

B Partridge said...

I meant to put you in...see where Keith is mentioned twice? That second one should be you!!!!!!! You darn K's...there's too many of you to keep them all straight...thank goodness Chris spells his with a C!