11.24.2007

Christmas is coming!

The Christmas season is here...and I am so excited!!!!! The day after Thanksgiving is my favorite because Keith lets me put up the tree!

Now on Friday I did something I have never done before...I went shopping in the morning...4 am to be exact! Kohl's had a really good deal on sweaters...but the line being wrapped from one end of the store to other was not worth two sweaters, then waited in line until Old Navy opened...nothing there...frustration sets in a t this point, I then get in line to wait for Target to open at 6:00 am...finally something. A few small gifts for people, but some cool finds for me and Keith...a waffle maker like Kalla's, The Notebook on DVD for me, a household tool kit/drill and a mechanic's tool kit for both Keith and I, and some new gloves and hat for me. It was fun...though it would have been better if someone had been with me...oh Sara!

After coming home for a few hours and sleeping, I then got out the Christmas boxes and decorations and set to work. The first Christmas Keith and I were married he helped with the tree, but after discovering how fanatic I am about the tree, he lets me do it by myself...hopefully I can change by the time we have kids--or buy a second tree for them. This year I discovered that I need more space to decorate...my mantle is a bit overcrowded with new decorations acquired in the past year. Also, check out the button tree I made, found here.


4 comments:

Jill said...

ooh pretty! i especially like the mantle. oh and you have one good looking family!

Sara said...

ahhhh I like the button tree, even if it did take 2 hours, you should make more!

sagreen125 said...

Bets
you did a great job with decorating, the button tree is really good. you should make both grandma's one

sarah true said...

new posts please!