12.11.2006

Moving on...

Tonight I did one of the toughest things I've had to do since knowing the kids were leaving...I unwrapped their Christmas gifts and sorted them by what can be given away now and what needs to be kept because I don't know what to do with it. One of things...a stuffed monkey that has the velcro arms and legs that was for KeAwn...I have hanging on my bed as a memory! It has been hard...it was hard to go over to my parents' house on Sunday and not have three screaming children running around.
And now my parents are fighting this...if not to get the kids back to at least fight the injustice that was done to our family. There are so many things about this situation that were done wrong to us and to the kids.
There isn't a minute that goes bye that I don't think about them...did they eat enough at dinner, since Grandpa didn't want to know preferences/dislikes; did they go to bed okay, again Grandpa doesn't know the ritual.
When does the pain and questioning stop---will it ever? I will for the rest of my life acknowledge that I have three siblings who were taken from me!
K'Von, K'Liyah, and KeAwn--I love you so much!

No comments: